Here are all the things we know about. We will update as things get added.
- Introducing new yarns!!! Llama-rama, Coopworth sport, Coopworth lace, and Tunis double twist. I will send an email and instagram message when each hits the web site
- Saturday the 21st: Trunk show at The Knitting Basket yarn shop in Richmond, Virginia. Sue Bundy and Gretchen will be there from 1:00pm to 3:00pm and give a talk at 1:30
- Saturday the 28th: Uniquities Fiber Farmers Market from 1:00pm to 5pm. We will have the new yarns, come touch! Better…take some home with you to try out.
- Sunday the 12th: Dupont Circle, FreshFarm Market. Our first time to market this year. New hours are from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm. Please come!
- Sunday the 19th noon to 4pm: Open House at our corner of the Endless Summer Harvest Warehouse. Think we will have a special guest to demonstrate blending on a drum carder
- Sunday the 26th: Dupont Circle, FreshFarm Market
- weekend of the 2nd & 3rd:Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival!! If you don’t like crowds, I’ll suggest coming on Sunday. Do come to our booth: Main Exhibition Hall, D17
- Saturday the 9th: Dyeing to Weave. Two part class: Sat. 5/9 here at Solitude: learn to handpaint the warp and weft for two scarves with weak acid dyes. Following weekend, May 16-17, learn to weave them on a floor loom pre-warped with your scarves. Weaving instruction by Beth Wilson, Barefoot Weavers Studio in Purcellville VA. Email Beth at: email@example.com for more information and to register.
- Saturday the 16th & 30th:Falls Church Farmers Market, Yay, back to market. Look for our polka dot tent on the grass along Park Ave.
- Sunday the 10th & 24st:Dupont Circle, FreshFarm Market. find us on 20th street. Look for the polka dot tent.
- Sunday the 7th: Open House at RedGate Farm, Leesburg, Virginia. Learn how to properly skirt a fleece and wash it, meet some Karakul sheep.
- Saturday the 13th & 27th: Falls Church Farmers Market
- Sunday the 7th & 21st: Dupont Circle FreshFarm Market
- Four days: 16th-19th: MAFA, the Mid-Atlantic Fiber Association Workshop Weekend in Millersville, Pennsylvania. Mafa is an association of Fiber Guilds in our area. Every other year they have this event with excellent teachers and classes. This will be our first year as a vendor at the marketplace. Do check it out! Downloadable brochure on the web site.
- Uniquities Fiber Farmers Market: date not scheduled yet
- Weekend of the 1st & 2nd: Beat the Heat Fiber Treat in Brunswick, Maryland. Lots of mini-classes and demonstrations to distract us from the heat. We will be vendors and helping Two Rivers Yarns to organize it. More info to come.
- Sunday the 16th: Open House at Solitude. Probably. Still planning, but think we will have a dye day here at the farm.
- Sunday the 2nd, 16th & 30th: Dupont Circle FreshFarm Market
- Saturday the 12th & 19th: Falls Church Farmers Market
- Sunday the 13th & 27th: Dupont Circle FreshFarm Market
- Weekend of the 26th & 27th:Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival, Clarke County Fairgrounds in Berryville, Virginia. Wonderful mid-size fiber festival. Deb Robson (The Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook) will be there! Us too. Come see us in the Ruritan Building.
- Weekend of the 17th & 18th:The New York Sheep & Wool Festival (Rhinebeck!). Get your room now! things fill up and this is the place to be in mid-October. Come see us in the lower level of the Horticulture building (building 22-D), booth 4.
- Saturday the 24th: Falls Church Farmers Market
- Sunday the 11th & 25th: Dupont Circle FreshFarm Market
November/December 2015: we will be at the Falls Church and FreshFarm Farmers Markets every weekend until Christmas (weather permitting).